Book Club Schedule 2021 - 2022
Our Book Club is on its summer break, and will resume in-person meetings in September, 2021. We meet on the second Wednesday of the month (unless it falls on a holiday) at 1:00pm and 6:30pm. You may attend either group - or both!
Titles to Discuss
- September 8, 2021: The Given Day by Dennis Lehane
- October 13: The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- November 10: The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- December 8: The Only Woman in the Room by Marie Benedict
- January 12, 2022: Never Caught by Erica Armstrong Dunbar (NonFiction)
- February 9: American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
- March 9: Queen's Secret by Karen Harper
- April 13: Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain
- May 11: The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
- June 8: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
We meet on the second Wednesday of the month at 1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Feel free to attend either group--or both! We have met since September, 2000--that's 21 years! And we've discussed more than 200 books.
Call the Information Desk at 978-829-1783 if you are interested in joining, and if you need to borrow a copy of the books from the library.
Fitchburg Community Read
Nomadland: Surviving America in the 21st Century by Jessica Bruder
Community Read events will be a mix of in-person and virtual this year. Please see the Fitchburg Community Read page for more information.
Call the Library at 978-829-1780x3 if you'd like a copy of the book, or request one here.
Tuesday, April 5 at 6:00pm
"Investigate: How Journalists Shed Light on Life and Society, and Influence Public Policy"
Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Sam Roe will discuss the journalistic process of creating compelling narratives that document the struggles and triumphs of real people.
Register for this event at http://tiny.cc/Investigate_April5
Vote for the next Community Read! Voting is open until April 15, 2022: http://tiny.cc/Community_Read_Vote